The recent update on Instagram and Amazon brought Livestream, most specifically, live commerce, into the spotlight. According to Cisco, video traffic will account for 80% of global consumer Internet traffic. Meanwhile, four out of five people would rather watch a brand’s videos than reading a blog.
Consumers tend to hop onto a live stream without any reluctance because real-time interaction triggers their curiosities. They also trust live streaming more because the spontaneity makes live videos more credible than other video content. It is no wonder, then, that companies are jumping on to the live streaming trends to boost their content marketing efficiency.
The Benefits of Marketing With Live Stream
Many algorithms favor live streaming over other types of content because it has a higher bar. It allows you to create real-time engagement and peak consumer interest. If you’ve had experience with influencer marketing in the eCommerce world, then you know there is no more engaging content than a live streaming event.
Overall, live streaming has the following benefits that promote your content marketing ROI:
- Live streaming keeps the audience more engaged
- Allows instant feedback and real-time interaction
- Creates more relevance because live streaming allows you to share slices of your life outside a business setting
- Allows you to communicate with your audience and understand their pain points directly
Creating a Live Stream Strategy
As we mentioned before, having a documented content marketing strategy is vital to creating higher ROI. Similar to your regular content strategy, make sure you cover the following points in your live stream strategy:
- Goals and format. Understand what you are trying to accomplish with live streaming. Find the best platform and structure according to your needs and your target audience is the first step to success.
- Build a schedule. Streaming with a schedule allows you to understand your consumers’ behavior and engage them with other content during peak hours.
- Allow spontaneity. Allow mini streaming sessions outside of your regular schedule will help you reach new audiences and keep the excitement level up.
- Keep track. Save playback videos and combine them into your regular content marketing strategy. Make your live streams work for you even after the broadcast is over.
Of course, always follow your comprehensive content marketing strategy so that the live stream can play into the bigger picture.
How Live Streaming Helps With Industrial Content Marketing
Unlike what was once commonly believed, businesses today have realized that companies in the industrial world can gain massive benefits from content marketing.
However, most businesses, such as manufacturers and industrial subcontractors, have not ventured into the live streaming world, whereas streaming has many significant advantages compared to other content formats:
- Streaming is more approachable. It is much easier to explain a difficult industrial content than writing a 4,000-word article about it and hoping your audience will read and understand.
- Live videos are more fun and personal. Meanwhile, outsiders tend to regard the industrial world as dull and dry. Streaming will help you break that stereotype and engage your audience on a personal level.
- Put your products and services in a real-world setting. Regardless of B2B or B2C, your target audience wants to see your product or service put into practice. They will form a much stronger impression of your company via a live stream interaction than looking at prototype images.
Finding the Right Partner
Video content consumption is only going up as technologies develop. Simply imagine when you can watch live streams in a Virtual or Augmented Reality (VR/AR) setting. What would be the reason to go back to reading long-form blog posts?
Therefore, it is vital to partner with a credible content marketing agency with high video production capacities. C-leveled has partnered with many leading manufacturers and promising tech startups to help build comprehensive content marketing campaigns.
To learn more about our video production and content marketing capabilities, give us a call at 412-434-6934 and schedule a free consultation today.